This creamy concoction is packed with calcium and protein for both you and your baby!
The goal of healthy eating during pregnancy is to make sure you’re providing everything your baby needs without sacrificing your own nutrition. When it comes to calcium, your baby will take all that his or her body needs, leaving you what’s left. If your intake isn’t adequate, you won’t have enough to keep your own bones and teeth healthy. Yogurt is a great source of calcium, which will help keep your skeletal system strong as well as build a healthy bone structure for your baby. In addition to calcium, it also contains protein necessary for your baby’s rapidly growing cells.
Triple Berry Yogurt Bliss Pregnancy Smoothie
- 8 oz mixed berries frozen
- 2 small banana frozen cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt chose a Greek variety for added protein
- 1 cup milk low fat
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend ingredients together until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk to desired consistency.
- Add a few pieces of ice if you like it slushy.