Treat your baby with this delicious and nourishing Perfect Chicken Baby Puree recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes.
Perfect Chicken Baby Puree Recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can chicken broth (low sodium) + 1 additional can as necessary
- Place chicken breasts in a pot with broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do not let the liquid boil off; add water if necessary. To test for if cooked, remove one chicken piece from the pot and cut it in halfâ€”thoroughly cooked meat will be white or light brown all the way through. Strain cooked chicken from pot and place on a cutting board; set aside remaining broth. Allow chicken to cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Put chicken pieces and Â½ cup of leftover broth in a blender or food processor. Puree the meat until texture is smooth, adding up to Â½ cup more broth as needed. At least once during the puree process, stop the appliance and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Spoon the pureed chicken into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 to 10 hours, or overnight.
- Once the puree has set, remove trays from freezer; turn them bottom-side up and rinse under hot water for a few moments to loosen the cubes. Pop the cubes from the trays, and place them in a freezer storage bag marked with the word â€œCHICKENâ€ and the date of preparation. Thaw, warm and serve cubes as needed.