Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Creamed Brussels Sprouts with Nutmeg recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes.
Creamed Brussels Sprouts with Nutmeg
- 15.87 oz fresh sprouts outer leaves and ends of stalk removed
- 1 oz butter
- 3.38 fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp grated nutmeg
- small bunch fresh parsley roughly chopped
- black pepper
- In a pan of boiling water simmer the sprouts for 8-10 minutes until just done. Drain then tip into a food processor.
- Add the butter, cream, nutmeg and ¾ of the parsley and season to taste. Whizz until semi-smooth so it still has some texture.
- Check the seasoning then spoon into a warm serving dish and scatter with the remaining parsley and a good grind of black pepper.
- NB. You can also add some diced crisp bacon to this recipe if you like.
- Also, any leftover brussels sprouts can be used in bubble and squeak the next day.