Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Cauliflower and Friulano Cheese Soup with Sesame Croutons recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes.
Cauliflower and Friulano Cheese Soup with Sesame Croutons
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 large potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 28.7 fl oz milk
- 0.9 oz butter
- 6.2 oz friulano cheese
- 4 slices french bread
- 3.5 oz sesame seeds
- small amount of olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim, wash and finely chop the cauliflower, discarding any rough stalks. Peel and finely chop the potato into very small, 2 cm pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Put the cauliflower, potato and garlic in a large pan, cover with the milk and put on a low heat. Simmer until the potato is very soft, which should take approximately 10-12 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the butter and the cheese and, using a stick blender, blend until the soup is totally smooth. Set the soup aside somewhere warm.
- Toast the bread slices, then drizzle some olive oil all over them, and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Slice the bread into small croutons.
- Serve the soup in warm platters with the sesame croutons.