Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Cauliflower Waldorf Salad recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes at 24/7 Mom.
Cauliflower Waldorf Salad
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3.5 oz soft blue cheese
- 1.8 oz walnut pieces
- handful basil leaves
- 5.3 oz creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper
- Break the cauliflower into small florets, removing and discarding the tough stalks. Slice the florets into small pieces. Set aside.
- Core and slice the apple, and place in a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, to ensure the apple slices do not go brown. Set aside.
- Slice the blue cheese, chop the walnuts and tear the basil all into small pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the creme fraiche with olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Taste the dressing for seasoning, adding extra if need be.
- Place the cauliflower, apple, blue cheese and walnut pieces and the creme fraiche dressing in a large salad bowl. Toss the salad well, so that all the ingredients are covered with dressing and serve.