Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Warm Green Bean & Pea Italian Salad with Herb-roasted Tomatoes recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes.
Warm Green Bean & Pea Italian Salad with Herb-roasted Tomatoes
- 7 oz tomatoes cut into 4
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch rosemary picked
- 1 small bunch sage picked
- salt and pepper
- 14.1 oz new potatoes sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops seasoned with salt and pepper
- 5.3 oz green beens trimmed and snapped in half
- 5.3 oz peas shelled (approx. 17.6 oz unshelled)
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C / 350Â°F.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the tomatoes, garlic, Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, and sage, then place on a non stick baking tray and season with salt and pepper, put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have reduced in size by half. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave in a warm place.
- While you are waiting for the tomatoes to cook, put the potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and keep in a warm place.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the pork chops on both sides for 4 minute until golden brown and the juices run clear.
- In the meantime bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the green beans and peas for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and peas, then divide between 4 warm plates with the pork chops and serve.