Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Simple Cauliflower Cheese recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes at 24/7 Mom.
Simple Cauliflower Cheese
- 1 cauliflower
- 8.8 oz creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp french grainy mustard like Dijon
- a generous grating of nutmeg
- 3.4 fl oz double cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5.3 oz mature cheddar cheese freshly grated
- handful flat leaved parsley finely chopped
- Firstly prepare the cauliflower by washing it and cutting it into individual little florets, with all the hard woody stems discarded. Place the florets in a double boiler and steam until they are soft and yielding when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove the cauliflower florets from the heat and place in a buttered, ovenproof serving dish.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the creme fraiche, mustard, nutmeg, double cream, a generous grating of black pepper, and half the grated cheddar cheese.
- Pre-heat the grill to its hottest setting.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the hot cauliflower, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and brown under the hot grill, for about 10 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley sprinkled on top.