Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Broccolini, Summer Pea, and Mint Soup recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes at 24/7 Mom.
Broccolini, Summer Pea, and Mint Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.88 oz butter
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 13.5 fl oz chicken stock
- 14.11 oz peas shelled
- 3.5 oz Broccolini florets
- 1 lemon juice
- cracked black pepper & salt
- small bunch mint shredded
- olive oil extra virgin (to drizzle)
- Melt the oil and the butter, add the onion and garlic and cook over a gentle heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil, add the peas and Broccolini and cook until they are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove half of the soup and blend in a food processor then add back into the rest of the soup.
- Add lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Stir in mint.
- Serve in warmed bowls drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.