This healthy and tasty stir fry is easy to whip up on a weekday night. It uses leftover chicken, a handful of veggies, a simple sauce, and some noodles and you’re done!
Monday Night Broccolini and Chicken Peanut Noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 oz broccolini stems cut in half
- 1 red pepper deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded & sliced
- 1/2 bunch spring onions sliced
- 7 oz leftover cooked roast chicken chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium hot red chili (optional)
- 2 cm piece root ginger grated (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8.8 oz (4 blocks) dried egg noodles cooked according to the packet instructions
- In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil until hot. Add the broccolini, red and yellow peppers, and spring onions over high heat for about 3 minutes, or until they are starting to soften.
- Add the cooked chicken, garlic, chili, and ginger and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together. Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies in the wok, stirring well to coat everything.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix everything together. Serve immediately.