It’s the holidays and you’re out and about feeling merry and bright with your most precious gift – your baby belly – when sure enough someone makes a Grinchlike comment that dims your holiday glow. In the spirit of giving, share this list, and help make the world a better place!
- “You’re looking quite jolly in that red dress.”
- “Are you hiding an elf under there?”
- “Are you sure you aren’t having twins? (This really has nothing to do with the holidays.)
- You: “Hey Babe, does this white maternity snow jacket make me look too fat?”
- Your SO: “No, it’s cute. You look just like a snowman.”
- “Too bad you can’t have any wine right now. We’re drinking the bottle we just brought back from that little winery villa we stayed at in Tuscany.” (Holiday or not, this is So-Not-Cool!)
- “You know you can’t eat that raw cookie dough, right?”
- “How cute, when you laugh your belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly.”
- “Are you sure you want to eat a third piece of pumpkin pie after you raided the refrigerator at midnight and finished off the rest of the turkey and mashed potatoes? You’ve been complaining a lot about heartburn, insomnia, swollen ankles, gas and constipation. You can’t blame everything on the baby.”
- “It looks like the bird has been stuffed already.”
- Your SO: “Honey, I just got the menu for my holiday work party. They are serving candy cane martinis and cranberry sangria, all you can eat sushi, and sashimi, goose liver pate, oysters on the half shell, deli meat tray with brie, camembert, goat cheese and port cheese, authentic Caesar salad, swordfish or Thresher Shark with veggies covered in hollandaise sauce, and a dessert tray with spiced rum cake, dark chocolate mud pie with espresso ice cream, custard tarts, Grand Marnier and Bailey’s filled chocolates, homemade eggnog, hot buttered rum, and Irish cream or Kahlua coffee.”
You: “Looks I’ll be making scrambled eggs for dinner again.
Did an interaction with a stranger (or loved one who should know better) leave you feeling Scrooged this holiday season? Tell us your awkward pregnancy comments below, and let us revel!