I don’t understand why people say that kids don’t like to eat fish. I think that when it looks as pretty as this one does, and that if it tastes buttery and orangey, your kids will give it a shot. And if they don’t, all the more for you. Filet of Sole with Butter and Blood Oranges is yummy, healthy and a cinch to make. We’re talkin’ 5 minutes prep time at most; these days, my favorite speed of recipe!
Filet of Sole With Butter and Blood Oranges
- 2 fillets sole or any other type of mild white fish
- 1 blood orange sliced
- 1 tbsp butter sliced thin
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Preheat your oven (I use my toaster oven for ease) to 350 degrees.
- Dry both sides of the filet and lay it gently onto aluminum foil on top of a baking sheet (for easy cleaning after - something my husband taught me!)
- Sprinkle with salt, and place the little pats of butter all over the fish. This can be fun to let the little ones do. Hopefully they won't try to eat the butter straight like my little guy wants to do!
- Slice the oranges thin and let your toddler lay them onto the fish as well. They can make it look like the fish is wearing sunglasses!
- Bake for about 9 minutes (per inch thickness of fish) or until the filet is cooked through.