Treat yourself and the family with this delicious Jo Pratt’s Broccolini, Pancetta, and Lima Bean Broth recipe, plus discover many other easy recipes at 24/7 Mom.
Jo Pratt's Broccolini, Pancetta, and Butterbean Broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 oz diced pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & crushed
- 2 leeks sliced
- 28.2 oz can lima beans (also known as butter beans) drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 22 fl oz vegetable or chicken stock
- 7 oz broccolini cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat and then gently fry the pancetta until it is lightly golden. Add the garlic and leeks and fry for a further 5 minutes until the leeks are softened.
- Stir in the drained lima beans and bay leaf. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer over low heat. Using a potato masher, roughly mash the beans, keeping some whole but creating a thicker broth consistency.
- Add the broccolini and Dijon mustard, and cook for 5 minutes, until the broccolini is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.